New Year’s Resolutions for Your Car
If you regularly put off vehicle maintenance procedures, you’re not alone. To make auto service a part of your everyday routine, we recommend starting the new year off with your ideal habits. Here is what and when you’ll want to get checked so you can ensure your vehicle lasts a long time.
How to Maintain Your Car in the New Year
Here is our list of recommended vehicle service resolutions for the new year:
- Oil change — It’s recommended to get your oil changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles. However, the timeline really depends on your particular vehicle and driving habits. We recommend reading our guide on how to tell if your vehicle needs an oil change.
- Wipers and wiper fluid — It’s important to have working wipers with enough wiper fluid to stay safe on the road, even in inclement weather. You’ll be glad you did during those Florida rain storms.
- Brakes and brake pads — Get your brakes checked when you get your vehicle’s oil changed. Brake pads often need to be replaced every 50,000 miles, though the range can vary.
- Tire rotation and replacement — You’ll want to rotate your tires every 6 months of 6,000-8,000 miles. After 6-10 years, you’ll also want to consider getting your tires replaced. Read our signs you may need new tires.
- Battery testing and replacement — It’s recommended to test your car’s battery at least two times per year. Every 3 years, you’ll want to determine if you need a replacement battery.
- 100,000 mile check-up — Every 100,000 miles, you’ll want to get a full check-up of your vehicle. At this appointment, you’ll want to go over everything above, but also additional checks such as:
- Fluids such as transmission fluids, coolant, power steering fluid, and brake fluid
- Belts and hoses
- Water pump
- PCV valve
Schedule Service and Shop Cars in West Palm Beach, FL
With proper vehicle maintenance, your car will reach its maximum lifespan potential. However, we recommend regularly saving to invest in the car you want. Shop new Volkswagen cars for sale at Schumacher Volkswagen of West Palm Beach in Florida, located close to Wellington and Greenacres. We’re also the go-to used car dealership in West Palm Beach, FL.